SAN FRANCISCO, CA November 10, 2006 - CNET Channel, a property of CNET Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: CNET), is pleased to announce our latest version of ChannelOnline
goes live today! The 4.6 release continues CNET Channel's ongoing efforts to make significant improvements to the core ChannelOnline product - supporting
the launch of ChannelOnline in Canada, enabling administrators to set up company standards, leveraging rich product content, preparing sales reports
by category/manufacturer/supplier and much more!
ChannelOnline 4.6 Feature Release on November 10, 2006. The major features in the version 4.6 release are:
Administrative & StoreSite Management
- Company Standards - Ability to set up Company Standards catalogs for your customers and customize storefronts to show the Company Standards catalogs
for easy ordering. If a Company Standards catalog contains 15 or fewer products, the search results page will load as a default giving the end
customer immediate access to their company standards. If there are more than 15 products in a company standards catalog, the default will be the
- Breadcrumb Navigation - Breadcrumb Navigation has been implemented into the Product Search Results page and the Product Overview Page to provide faster
and improved navigation. You can also delete any search items from the search results in the breadcrumb trail.
- Rich Content Integration - ChannelOnline has integrated product rich content - Key Selling Points, Multi-angle Images, User Manual, What's in the Box
- direct from manufacturers participating in CNET Channel's new PartnerAccess product. This rich content
will help you and your customers to make more informed selling and buying decisions.
- WebCollage Trial Partnership - We are also launching a trial partnership with WebCollage to offer their best-of-breed
application for content integration with channel partners. Using WebCollage content, channel partners receive a manufacturer's complete set of
Web product marketing content seamlessly integrated into their product pages. To activate WebCollage content, which will enable display both internally
and on your stores, go to Admin | Company Settings and select the Enable WebCollage Content under the Products area.Please note this trial partnership
with WebCollage is subject to change at any time at ChannelOnline's discretion. For information on WebCollage, visit www.webcollage.com
- Paragraph Database - Ability to create paragraphs of text and save them into a database for later use. These paragraphs can be searched and pulled
into any sales document (quote/sales order) for communication to customers.
- Sales Report by Category / Part # / Manufacturer / Supplier - The new enhanced sales reporting allows you to filter reports not only by Sales Rep but
also by Category, Mfr Part #, Manufacturer, and Supplier. Also, you can save your reports and refine the list of saved reports at any time.
- Product Search Page - The search filters have been moved to the far right to bring up the search results on the page so that they coexist with the
search filters at the same level.
- Product Overview Page - To integrate the rich content into the Product Overview page, we have redesigned the layout by breaking down the product content
into logical components and adding tabs/icons to help navigate between them. For internal sales reps, the default tab will be the Supplier Cost
tab. For StoreSite users, the default will be the main product specs.
About CNET Channel
CNET Channel is a leading independent source of on-demand technology product information, supporting both online catalogs and traditional sales processes
with detailed content on over 2.7 million IT, consumer electronics and household appliances products worldwide - adding over 50,000 SKUs each month.
CNET Channel product content is maintained in 13 languages and supports online catalogs in 35 markets worldwide, giving us an unmatched global presence.
More than 1,500 channel businesses rely on CNET Channel to power their internal and e-commerce systems worldwide. In addition, the company's ChannelOnline
(www.channelonline.com) solution combines this data with sales, order management, sourcing, procurement
and e-commerce storefront tools to automate the complete sales cycle for more than 2,700 VAR professionals including OfficeMax, GHA Technologies, ProSys
Information Systems, MicroAge, ASAP Software and Uinta Business Systems. For more information about CNET Channel, visit www.cnetchannel.com or call 1-877-276-5560.
CNET Channel Contact:
Scott Danish - Vice President, Global Marketing